Welcome and Volunteers
Post date: Aug 10, 2017 2:01:57 PM
WELCOME TO THE ALTON HALL PTA
Hello! My name is Marie Braun and I am happy to be serving as your Alton PTA President for the 2017-2018 school year! I would like to welcome all of you to the PTA. I am so excited to see return PTA members and new members!
This is my first year as PTA President. Last year I served as Vice President. This will be my 3rd full active year on PTA. My son, Nicholas, is in fourth grade this year. This is our last year at Alton Hall. We love Alton Hall and the amazing things our PTA, principal, teachers, staff and parents do for our school. Without all of you it would not be possible!
I have included a welcome packet with a calendar, contact information and meeting dates. If you have any questions please ask me or one of our board members and we will be happy to answer them!
There are still committees that we will need someone to chair (head up). Please do not feel afraid to chair a committee. The chair is responsible for setting and attending planning meetings with the members on that committee, discuss and vote on what activities/food/décor/dates that event will have, and delegating responsibilities for the event. You will find this PTA’s strength is our ability to work as a team. I and other board members are here to help!
Thank you to all of you who have taken time out of your busy schedules to make this school year a success for our students and staff!
- If you sign up to work an event, please come!
- Be engaged while volunteering at an event. EX: Limit Cell Phone Use
- Be respectful to others at ALL times while on school property.
- Address ALL issues with the Chair of the committee.
- Curb “parking lot” chatter.
- All children must be supervised.
- NO children are allowed in the kitchen or on any gym equipment.
- Volunteering for an hour or more at an event will include food perks.
These events are not possible without all of us, so PLEASE be mindful of these guideline at all times so we can all have a wonderful time!!